cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eka
Level: Powered On

Get executing user in Flow for user records only

Please I use flow to execute sql store procedure on powerapps forms which works fine but how can I execute the records only in relation to that user. For instance two users A&B input their data but when user A execute, only his/her records are send to ths database and not all records as am getting now. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Get executing user in Flow for user records only

Hello, @eka!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @eka,

From your description, you could consider comparing the information of the user who executed Flow and the user of the input data.

Only the information of the user input that executes Flow is obtained, and then sent to the database.

Sorry, I don't know much about apps. It seems that you could carry user information when they enter data. You could get this information and compare it with the user who executed the Flow.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
eka

Thanks, I tried;

spPayments.Run(User().Fullname) and spPayments.Run(User().Fullname,0)

but it is not working

eka

Please here is my flow which works fine if I dont execute based on user;

spUntitled.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @eka,

Looking at the screenshots you provided, I am afraid that your requirements cannot be achieved currently.

The user who executes the sql store procedure depends on which account the connection configuration of the Excute store procedure action is.

This cannot be changed during the execution of the Flow. This is required to be configured in advance.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
eka

Thanks, but what does configuring in advance mean. does it mean I have to do that in sql? if you can clarify that for me and any other help.

thanks in advance

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @eka,

I mean, the user who executes the sql store procedure depends on who is the user of the connection account configured within Excute sql  procedure action. These are pre-configured before Flow is executed and cannot be changed during Flow execution.

Best Regards,

Barry

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @eka!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 226 members 4,815 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: