Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drawser
Helper I
Helper I

Get file content using path OneDrive not allowing other users to run flow

Hi all,

I have this flow that extracts data and turn it into a pdf from a powerapp that runs on sharepoint list data.

The flow works fine for me but for other users it fails

Its the get file content using path (onedrive), when other users who are not me run the flow it fails at this action

They all have permissions to the folder it needs but it does this regardless

drawser_0-1614158947494.png

Is it not possible to have flows that connect to onedrive folders for other users than yourself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I have a workaround solution,

Intead of collecting data in powerapps and sending that to a flow I created another table in sharepoint that gets patched with all the data, and then for the flow I changed the trigger to "when an item is created" and then I use the data from that item instead from the powerapps trigger.

This triggers the flow for me and I collect the user email and then they get an email. So no need for the user to have same folder in their OneDrive

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FCGALLEG
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi drawser,

Did you try to recreate the connection?

Javier

Hi, thanks for the reply

By recreating the connection, what do you mean more specifically

I have deleted the action whitin the flow and added it again is that what you mean?

Does not work for other users than me.

The users have the onedrivefolder shared with them

I think I have a workaround solution,

Intead of collecting data in powerapps and sending that to a flow I created another table in sharepoint that gets patched with all the data, and then for the flow I changed the trigger to "when an item is created" and then I use the data from that item instead from the powerapps trigger.

This triggers the flow for me and I collect the user email and then they get an email. So no need for the user to have same folder in their OneDrive

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (54,558)