cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Abhilash
Helper III
Helper III

Get folder metadata using path sharepoint action failed

Hi All,

We are using "Get Folder Metadata using path" action getting failed without any modification done to the flow. The same was working before, we are getting "Folder not found error" but when we checked folder is created.

Abhilash_0-1628656004398.png

 

Please guide me on this.

 

5 REPLIES 5
CharlesHale
Frequent Visitor

I found this same issue today with my flows using this action. I had to remove the '/' from the end of string for the path.

 

Folder Path that fails:

/outputs('Compose')/

 

Folder Path that works:

/outputs('Compose')

 

Hope this helps, but I would like to know what Microsoft changed to cause this.

Hi @CharlesHale,

 

Yes, Even I contacted with Microsoft support engineer also on this issue. They also told the same to remove "/" at the end.  He replied that due to an update in the connector we are getting this error.

Can I ask exactly where the slash was removed, as I have the exact same issue and the action Get_folder_metadata_using_path is using a dynamic "Folder_Path" link so i don't have anything to remove?

 

Thanks.

mcalistor
Frequent Visitor

Can confirm the trailing slash "/" was breaking my flow.  Glad I found this thread, tired of banging my head against the wall.

 

substring expression to remove the last character of a string:

 

substring(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}'],0,sub(length(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}']),1))

replace triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}'] with your folder path.

pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue now resolved with assistance of a Microsoft Support person.

 

The Cause IS a code change by Microsoft somewhere in Power Automate, this is an issue created by and caused by Microsoft.

 

I use the "Folder path" Dynamic code - this is what appears to have been changed, for me.

 

Created a COMPOSE action, with the following code (expression):

substring(outputs('Action_Name')?['body/{Path}'],0,sub(length(outputs('Action_Name')?['body/{Path}']),1))

 

This fixed the issue for now, but IF Microsoft make a change to revert back to the previous code - this will need to be removed.

For now - all is working again.

Very annoying of Microsoft to make these changes with no notice - this is unacceptable for any company, and is making the use of Power Apps, something to think seriously about 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,461)