I have a growing list of tweets I'd like to select from at ramdom and send on a schedule every week or 2 to promote some business.
Is there a way to store this list and have Flow select from at random and send using the scheduled task trigger?
Could you provide some information about:
1. what is your list type? is it a SharePoint list?
2. what kind of data do you want to get at random?
3. Do you mean that you want to run a flow on a schedule by using Recurrence?
The list isn't in any particular store at this stage. I dont mind where I have to store it to get the job done.
The data I want to fetch at ramdom is the tweet text to pass into a twitter post.
Yes I was hoping to use the Recurance in Flow to manage the schedule.
I think the hardest bit is the random selection stage?
There won't be a simple way to do this. You can use Azure functions to achieve it(Ref: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carlosag/2016/05/10/using-an-azure-function-in-a-microsoft-flow/). You can use Math.Random and Math.Floor to generate a random value between a given range(Ref: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_random.asp).
1. Create Azure Function with Math.Random and Math.Floor
2. Use the created Azure Function in your flow
I created a blog with the solution to this problem https://sharepoint-specialist.nu/how-to-get-random-item-from-a-collection-using-microsoft-flow-to-po...