cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get value from dropdown

Hi! I am new working with flows, so I hope to be as explicit as I can. When a new item is created in a SharePoint list, an approval email i send. The email contains all the values that are inserted in the item. The problem is that one of those values comes from a dropdown, a selection list, and in the email it is shown like this:

{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandReference","Id":0,"Value":"information_needed"

I need to just have "information_needed" that is what the selection from the form is. Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If this is a Choice type field, then you need to reference Dynamic content associated with Choice value.

For example, I created a field named ChoiceColumn, which is of type Choice. In Flow, we need to do the following configuration:39.PNG

Flow run history:40.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If this is a Choice type field, then you need to reference Dynamic content associated with Choice value.

For example, I created a field named ChoiceColumn, which is of type Choice. In Flow, we need to do the following configuration:39.PNG

Flow run history:40.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Greetings.

I'm having the variant of the same issue.

I'm doing a Select Statement and piping it into an HTML report.

My report is showing the same

{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":4,"Value":"Caniff"}

In my select statement I'm using- item()?['SupplyHouse'].  How do I get the Value?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (13,062)