cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daryl_K
Helper II
Helper II

Getting data from a [very] large SharePoint list into a PowerApps form

I am attempting to modernize some complex Infopath forms that have data connections to other huge SharePoint lists (150+ columns), and keep running into roadblock after roadblock.

The latest one I am trying to hurdle is the limit of 12 lookup columns in SharePoint when trying to bind data to some drop-down combo boxes. In a PA forum I found that the only way to duplicate this is by using Flow/PowerAutomate, and did find this one article describing the process. It seems surprisingly complex for just retrieving column data to bind to a drop-down.

Has anyone found an alternate method? If there are none, has anyone been successful in getting the method described in that article to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Daryl_K,

I see this feature is currently under review and as seeing how many users have voted it I am sure we will soon see it implemented.

Please keep an eye on that thread.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a-ovbord
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Daryl_K,

What is the error that you are receiving with the drop down input when binding it to the SP list?

Is it related with this thread?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Query-Lookup-Column-Threshold/m-p/463128/thr...

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Yes. Same error!

The solution linked in that article is the same I am looking at. In and of itself it seems needlessly complex.

I see there was a vote for a "real" fix but no word if MS is doing anything and/or when.

Hi @Daryl_K,

I see this feature is currently under review and as seeing how many users have voted it I am sure we will soon see it implemented.

Please keep an eye on that thread.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (36,974)