cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAutomate3
Frequent Visitor

Getting files from urls that need authentication

Hello

I have some direct links to xls files from a domain. This domain needs authentication via a form.

I want to create a connection to that domain and trigger the flow every x minutes so that it never expires and the authentication session always renews so that I download the files.

I want then to download the files to sharepoint or onedrive every x minutes, replace them each time with the newest versions and save them with the same filenames as they are downloaded.

Can you tell me please how I can do that? Unfortunately, I would not be able to use PREMIUM functions due to restrictions.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PowerAutomate3 ,

Will probably need more info like what type of platform/site are the files currently located on.  Can you share a screenshot?

But judging from the authentication part, you may need to look at Power Automate Desktop flows / RPA which will allow you to record the steps to download the files from your browser and then replicate those within a flow.  There is more info here and there is an additional cost.  I guess even if they gave you access to the APIs, you will still need to use the HTTP connector which is a premium connector.

However, if the files are on something like SharePoint or another supported platform with standard connectors, it may be achievable if you have the relevant account and credentials.  Again, need more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

PowerAutomate3
Frequent Visitor

Thanks I think I need a Flow that will ping/download the files every 30min so that the authentication/session is renewed. I would assume since the frequent requests will renew the session and prevent it from expiring so that login will be required.

However, the problem is how to initiate this, as for the first time, I will need to login 'manually'.

Unfortunately the website has a second step verification so it is impossible to robotically automate it.

If a Flow can emulate Edge/IE and download the files recursively, it could work.

Is there anything like that? Maybe an Azure free service can do it better?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,687)