cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlocatell
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Google Drive Insert Row is gone

I wonder if the action has been disabled or is an Flow API error.

google drive insert row.JPG

Ideas? I wonder if the roadmap is to have the action *only for* onedrive excel files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lalit
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble. I am investigating this issue. Meanwhile i can suggest a work around to unblock you.
Google drive "Insert Row" action allows you to use google spreadsheet, stored on your google drive account. It is different from using excel file, stored on your google drive.

You can insert rows to an excel file stored on your google drive. Following the below steps-

1. Create a excel file and save it in your google drive account. (You need to define a table in your excel file. Most commonly users miss this part, Please refer this thread for information on creating table in excel- https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Should-not-to-be-so-complicated/m-p/3063#U3063).

2. Click on ... icon besides File name. This would popup a file browser which can be used to browse the excel file in your google drive account.
3. Select the table you want to use (Click on down arrow to popup the dropdown)
4. After selecting the table you will see some new fields on the excel card. A new input field would be added for each column in your table.
5. Specify the values for table column fields.

I am actively working on google drive missing "Insert Row Action". Will update you on that soon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lalit
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble. I am investigating this issue. Meanwhile i can suggest a work around to unblock you.
Google drive "Insert Row" action allows you to use google spreadsheet, stored on your google drive account. It is different from using excel file, stored on your google drive.

You can insert rows to an excel file stored on your google drive. Following the below steps-

1. Create a excel file and save it in your google drive account. (You need to define a table in your excel file. Most commonly users miss this part, Please refer this thread for information on creating table in excel- https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Should-not-to-be-so-complicated/m-p/3063#U3063).

2. Click on ... icon besides File name. This would popup a file browser which can be used to browse the excel file in your google drive account.
3. Select the table you want to use (Click on down arrow to popup the dropdown)
4. After selecting the table you will see some new fields on the excel card. A new input field would be added for each column in your table.
5. Specify the values for table column fields.

I am actively working on google drive missing "Insert Row Action". Will update you on that soon.

View solution in original post

@Lalit @jlocatellGoogle Drive "Insert Row Action" is still missing, right? I cannot find it, and just guessing.. either it has been permanently removed or there is some sort of issue with my account.

By choosing "Google Drive" I can currently see 11 actions

Thank you in advance!

@Lalit @jlocatellGoogle Drive "Insert Row Action" is still missing, right? I cannot find it, and just guessing.. either it has been permanently removed or there is some sort of issue with my account.

By choosing "Google Drive" I can currently see 11 actions

Thank you in advance!

Oops! I already found it under "Google Sheets" collection

Sorry!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,024)