cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nshan
Level: Powered On

Graph API BadGateway Error

I have a basic flow to add new rows into Excel online. It has been working fine since May but recently I noticed a lot of failed Flows with the below error.  Can you please help resolve this ?

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-westus2-01.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "f65a73ea-5a5b-4bdf-8290-e045274b2087",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 502,
      "message": "Graph API is currently unavailable.\r\nclientRequestId: f65a73ea-5a5b-4bdf-8290-e045274b2087",
      "source": "excelonline-eus2.azconn-eus2.p.azurewebsites.net"
    }
  }
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nshan

Re: Graph API BadGateway Error

I removed the formulae from the table in Excel where the data was inserted by Flow. 

I incorporated the formula based calculations into the Flow itself and updated so that all the data is added at once.

Now its running properly for the same set of data that failed before and its faster too. 

So, removing the formulae from the sheet seems to have resolved it for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nshan ,

Could you share the screenshot of the Flow configuration and the details of the error message? Which action has this problem?

The Error message shows that the Graph API is currently unavailable. It seems that this is a temporary error.

Please try to reconfigure the action first, then resubmit the Flow to see if a similar issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nshan

Base.png

This is my basic setup. When http posts data in json format, it picks up data list and adds them in loop one by one in each row of excel online.

This file has reached 4MBs / 14000+ rows. I have derived some PIVOT tables and charts in a sheet in the same file based on this data.

I tried to manually re run some failed flows. Some flows with less data passed and some big ones failed (but havent had any issues like this so far, even with a big list of 30+rows)

I dont know if any of these could cause this issue. 

Every failed error shows BadGateway as the reason. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nshan ,

Thank for your reply.

What is the run result of this Flow before, is there a success?

If it can be successfully run before, according to the error message, it seems that the corresponding service is temporarily unavailable.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nshan

I removed the formulae from the table in Excel where the data was inserted by Flow. 

I incorporated the formula based calculations into the Flow itself and updated so that all the data is added at once.

Now its running properly for the same set of data that failed before and its faster too. 

So, removing the formulae from the sheet seems to have resolved it for now.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,519)