cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JoeyJoey
Level: Powered On

HTTP Post request to run Flow from another flow for Approval Reminders - Can't get ID

I want to be able to have Approval reminders and this is currently not built in and so I read online about using a HTTP Post request to fire a second Flow that contains the reminders. 

I am having trouble getting the ID number of the item so that I can send an email to the specific staff involved. 

This is what I have so far and I cannot put the dynamic content of the ID in the Get Item. 

I've also tried using a Compose to take the id from the Parse JSON but this isn't working either. 

Can anyone help please. 

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 19.55.26.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTTP Post request to run Flow from another flow for Approval Reminders - Can't get ID

Hi @JoeyJoey ,

Do you mean that Parse JSON action will parse out the item id to use?

First, the type of id is number. If it is not a value of type number, it cannot be displayed in the Dynamic content option.

Using Compose is a good way, but only if the Parse JSON action can resolve the item id we need.

Could you show us the Dynamic content parsed by Parse JSON?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTTP Post request to run Flow from another flow for Approval Reminders - Can't get ID

Hi @JoeyJoey ,

Do you mean that Parse JSON action will parse out the item id to use?

First, the type of id is number. If it is not a value of type number, it cannot be displayed in the Dynamic content option.

Using Compose is a good way, but only if the Parse JSON action can resolve the item id we need.

Could you show us the Dynamic content parsed by Parse JSON?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,040)