Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with File System Connector

Hello everyone,

I've been struggling to create a Flow that saves an incoming email attachment to a file location. I believe I have narrowed down the issue to the File System Connector that I have setup.

To directly test the connector, I set up a manual flow to simply list the files in the root folder:

It, of course, fails:

I know the credentials for my Gateway are correct, because when I purposely put in bad credentials, I get an error stating that the supplied credentials do not have access to the folder.

So, maybe something is wrong with my root folder?

I'm about to abandon this project because I simply can't get the File System connector to work and I don't know how to troubleshoot this either. My Gateway works fine for all my Power BI connections...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Help with File System Connector

Windows Server's services use different ports than Power BI. Power BI works specifically over port 80 or port 443, and if you'll notice the data gateway port requirements are far more than port 80 and 443:

*.servicebus.windows.net        5671-5672	  Used for Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).	
*.servicebus.windows.net	443, 9350-9354	  Used by listeners on Service Bus Relay over TCP (requires 443 for access control token acquisition).

For most firewalls, port 80 and 443 are open because they are the HTTP/S ports, however the ports listed above would not be open by default. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

This is almost certainly a routing or port issue. Please review the Troubleshooting the On-premises data gateway documentation, and also review the Port requirements and the Firewall and proxy documentation and insure that your proxy or firewall allows access over those ports. 

Please review both hardware and software firewalls, including the Windows Firewall on the server. Finally, the Tools for troubleshooting section covers collecting logs and Fiddler tracing

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brad_Groux 
Thank you, but why would Power BI have no problem refreshing data sources via my gateway if it's a port issue? It seems to only be affecting flow...

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Windows Server's services use different ports than Power BI. Power BI works specifically over port 80 or port 443, and if you'll notice the data gateway port requirements are far more than port 80 and 443:

*.servicebus.windows.net        5671-5672	  Used for Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).	
*.servicebus.windows.net	443, 9350-9354	  Used by listeners on Service Bus Relay over TCP (requires 443 for access control token acquisition).

For most firewalls, port 80 and 443 are open because they are the HTTP/S ports, however the ports listed above would not be open by default. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,106)