cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Holiday Raffle Flow - How to Update Employee Name/Winner with Corresponding Prize Stored in Separate List

Hello,

I am working on a virtual holiday raffle app. I have two separate SharePoint lists. One for employee names and one for holiday prizes. I created a flow for my 'Holiday Raffle' list that generates a random winner and a flow for my 'Holiday Party Prizes' list that generates a random prize. I would like to add a step to my Prize flow that updates the Holiday Raffle list with the Prize ID (number) and Prize Description (text), but I can't seem to figure out how to merge the two.

Community-FlowFillPrize.png

I tried adding a Get Items step where I apply a filter of Status = 'Winner' as there will only be one line item of that status when the Prize Picker button is clicked, but I don't know if I have written that formula correctly as I'm really green when it comes to flows.

Getitems2.png

Next I added an Update item and added the Holiday Raffle ID and Employee Name and the outputs of the Prize flow that generates the Prize ID and Prize. I saved the flow. I then went back into Power Apps deleted the previous flow and inserted the most recent flow into the OnSelect of the prize picker button. When clicked, the flow takes a really long time to run and then selects about 6 prizes at once instead of only 1 and does not update the Holiday Raffle list at all. Can someone please help me learn how to do this the right way so it works? I'm supposed to demo the app to the management staff this coming Monday (yikes). Thanks in advance for your help! Teresa

Updateitem.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@BradGroux 

Hello Brad,

I see that you receive the most kudos last month. Congratulations! I was wondering if you could help me figure out how to write my Prize ID and Prize Description to my master list of employees. I watched multiple videos this morning hoping for a lead, but nothing really matched my use case. The only thing I figured out was to use eq instead of an equals sign. I'd be grateful for any advice you could offer. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you, Teresa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,160)