cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhance
Advocate II
Advocate II

How-To Guide: Building a custom connector with dependent dropdowns

Have you been curious about how to build a connector when you can't know all of the parameters before the user has made a choice?

As an example, our newest connector, Power Form 7, allows users to fill out a Contact Form 7 form on their WordPress websites. Since you might have multiple websites and each website has its own forms we needed to be able to let our users first pick from a list of sites with the plugin installed and then pick the form they want to submit.

I took notes during the build and documented every step in a way that should be easier to understand than the Microsoft documentation on this. Read my guide here: https://reenhanced.com/2020/understanding-x-ms-dynamic-schema-and-x-ms-dynamic-properties/

I hope you find this useful next time you're building a flow!

2 REPLIES 2
rocamp
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @nhance ,

Thanks for sharing!

shyamsu
Power Automate
Power Automate

This is an awesome blog. Thanks for sharing and providing feedback on docs. We are working over improving them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (60,233)