cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

How can I refresh dropdown choices for actions in logicflows?

I've created a stored procedure in SQL 
In my flow, it shows up when I add the action SQL -> "Run stored procedure V2".

Now I've decided to create another stored procedure so I created one in my SQL server just like the first time.

My issue now is that the "List" of procedures avaiable in the action is still showing the same old procedures? Typing the new one in manually gives the error:

"The key didn't match any rows in the table. inner exception: The key didn't match any rows in the table."

Which would indicate that whatever staging table it's trying to fetch the metadata from is outdated since it's looking for a record that isn't there. 

Why is old data being shown ? How long do I have to wait for the new procedure to show up? Any way I can force the metadata to refresh itself?

I've tried to add the action again. Tried connecting to another connection string and then back,.. nothing works.

I'm sorry, but this is bad design. Either let users manually force a refresh on this special metadata table so that the flow will suggest current alternatives to select from OR have it so that the list is updated live dynamically every time you click on it. 

They way it works now is that it's somehow cached, which is very annoying and frustrating for end users.

I suspect this goes for all Actions, not just the Run Stored Procedure.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: How can I refresh dropdown choices for actions in logicflows?

There is similar ask previously refer to: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-to-manually-refresh-a-connection/m-p/... 

It seems this is a by design limitation for Power Automate at moment.

If you would like this feature to refresh the connection to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,562)