cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How can I use for "Add File System connection" with On-Premises data gateway ?

I have an on premise gateway installed on a network server.  This gatway in working fine to refresh data in Power BI.  Now, I want to use this gateway to copy files from my Inbox to a specific folder on same network server using Flow.  I've tried the following configuration:

file_system.PNG

With this configuration, I get the following error message.

file_system_error.PNG 

I am sure that it's not really a permission issue, as I can see all the pieces and I'm using my login information.  I'm guessing that my problem is the domain.  I've seen mentions to "the user name has to contain the "domain" which corresponds to the public IP adress of your data gateway."  I have no idea how to get the public address of my on-premise gateway.

In the root folder, QUAD-DB2 is the machine name for the network server.  (I have the folder structure shown in the root folder actually mapped as a drive to my computer, the mapped drive is called QUAD-DMV.  I've tried using this with the same results.)The domain I'm showing is what I used for the domain when I simulated this with a personal gateway and a folder on my computer.  I really need to get this process working where it is not reliant on my computer.  Any guidance is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How can I use for "Add File System connection" with On-Premises data gateway ?

The issue was with the way I was typing the machine name and the related folders in the root path.  Easiest to find the path using File Explorer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How can I use for "Add File System connection" with On-Premises data gateway ?

Hi @ChristyQV ,

Here is a doc on how to create a connection to File system:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-using-file-connector

Please input the required info in each field likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for helping!  I must be missing something!  If I remote desktop into server that has the folders I want to use in my File System, the image below shows the domain and username(password) that I use.  

rdt.PNG

After getting to the remote desktop, these are the system settings.

system.PNG

Here are the current settings I've last set.

file_system.PNG

I get the same error.  Does any of this provide any additional insight to you?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The issue was with the way I was typing the machine name and the related folders in the root path.  Easiest to find the path using File Explorer.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,882)