cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rprahalad
Helper V
Helper V

How to import data from excel into Dataverse tables?

Hello All,

I had done proof of concepts using One Drive (Excel Files)  and Data Flows to Upsert Data into DataVerse tables.  It was all working great  but then the clients came back and told us that they  don't have one drive and that they can give us a shared network folder instead.

We are basically trying to 'upsert'  the Dataverse tables with this  "daily differential" data from other systems which would get dumped as Excel files on this network share.

Since I can't use Data Flows, because I honestly don't know how to use Data Flows with Excel files if we don't have an One Drive, my only other option I guess is to use Power Automate flows.

I am struggling to find even one article that covers  how to Upsert data in Dataverse tables with Excel file as the source, using Power Automate. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With DV4T its the creator only to start with. You can always build them with a service account.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @rprahalad 

Dataflows would be the best way to bulk load data.

Here is the latest announcement.

Announcing Power Query dataflows for Dataverse in Teams (Preview). | Microsoft Power Apps

I will build a quick short video on my channel to show this in action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Thanks @RezaDorrani ! Yes, Power Queries in Data Flows rule! 

@RezaDorrani , can you please cover how we can set up these data flows using a Service Account?

Microsoft clearly says that ONLY the creator of the Data Flows can edit it. But most of us working on this project are Contractors. So, it becomes very essential to know how we can set these Data Flows using a service account. 

Thanks!

With DV4T its the creator only to start with. You can always build them with a service account.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response, @RezaDorrani

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,338)