cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breaker_
Frequent Visitor

How to parse a text response from a Flow and back to the Power App?

I swear, it's probably the simplest things I ask about but made more difficult due to the way Microsoft built the interface for building these things. But here's my question ::

I have a Flow that runs and makes an API call. The response ** is NOT ** JSON formatted. It is simply a text string.

I want to pass that text string back to the Power App and display it in a TextInput field.

Which step do I need to add after the 'HTTP' step where the request is made, in order to get this data back? I cannot figure this out!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not come across that before. 

However surely the response from an HTTP call will still be: Response Status and Response Body basically.

So your text string will come back in Response Body  [body]  and you'll set a string variable equal to it, won't you?

(rather than perhaps parsing JSON to get out various elements, or just storing/processing JSON as required).

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (40,539)