cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGIF
Level: Powered On

How to pass sharepoint ID and other info from Email subject back to SharePoint

Hi

I am new to this forum. I am a new beginner to Flow.

I would like to pass text from subject to sharepoint.

The red text is the ID of the sharepoint item. The green text is an item to be updated in the sharepoint list for that ID.

2019-09-16 10_34_29-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to pass sharepoint ID and other info from Email subject back to SharePoint

@TGIF 

Take a look at the screen shots below.  The expressions that I used can be seen in the comments.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

UPDATE: You could/should use Get item vs Get Items as the final step in my Flow and provide the ID from the Compose action

ParseSubject1.jpgParseSubject2.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to pass sharepoint ID and other info from Email subject back to SharePoint

Hi @TGIF ,

You could add a condition under the trigger, use start with to determine whether the subject starts with specific text and if so, execute the following action.

If the Compose 4 action has already obtained the item ID, you can configure Update item action directly below.

Also if you only need FT6293, you can remove the brackets using the replace() function.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

@TGIF 

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow in edit mode (not the results of a run) and expand the actions o that the configuration is visible?

Is your goal to update two SharePoint columns with the data that you have highlighted?

Are the emails structured the same way every time?

Scott
TGIF

Hi ScottShearer

Thank you for your reply.

I am working on the basis that the email subject will be structured in this manner.

"Your request was received. ID: 305 (FT6293)"

My goal is to get the ID from the subject. This ID is the ID column stored in my sharepoint list.

It should retrieve the item containing the ID number, and then update a column with the FT number in sharepoint. This FT number is also found in the subject.

From my screen shot, I have been trying to get the text from Subject field in outlook. Then collect the text from a specific position. This may not be the cleverest method...

I have not gone any further.

I also want to run this flow only if the subject starts with this specific text: "Your request was received."

Thank you & appreciate your help.

2019-09-16 16_28_42-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow2.png

Super User
Super User

@TGIF 

Take a look at the screen shots below.  The expressions that I used can be seen in the comments.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

UPDATE: You could/should use Get item vs Get Items as the final step in my Flow and provide the ID from the Compose action

ParseSubject1.jpgParseSubject2.jpg

Scott

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TGIF ,

You could add a condition under the trigger, use start with to determine whether the subject starts with specific text and if so, execute the following action.

If the Compose 4 action has already obtained the item ID, you can configure Update item action directly below.

Also if you only need FT6293, you can remove the brackets using the replace() function.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TGIF

Hi Have used the Update item, thank you so much!

TGIF

Hi @ScottShearer Thank you so much for working out the details. Works like magic :-)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 358 members 4,739 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: