Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NCH-Ken
Level: Powered On

How to use Flow to stop notifications once a condition has been met

First a little background explanation of what I am working on:

I have created a SharePoint Online TeamSite with the purpose of facilitating the offboarding of certain employees.

Once it has been made known that an employee is leaving the institution a person has been designated to fill out an offboarding initialization form which collects the employee name, and exit date. Once this has been submitted it kicks off an email to the offboarding employee with a link to a survey they need to complete. Since this is often ignored we want to send a reminder email every 5 days until the survey has been completed (or their exit date has passed). Right now the reminder emails will work as intended, but after the survey has been completed it will continue to send reminders.

I have added a column to the Offboard Initialization list called "PI Survey Complete" which is defaulted to 'no', but I would like this to be updated to 'yes' as soon as the employee completes their survey. In order to accomplish this, I made another Flow that should update the initialization list item that includes the same email address as the person completing the survey.  Here are screenshots of what I have so far.

Flow screenshot 1Flow screenshot 2

and here is the other Flow that is actually sending the email reminders:

Flow screenshot 3

I feel like the problem lies in the first screenshot under the "Filter Query" field. This is where I believe I need to connect the item from the 'Offboard Initiation' list to the 'PI Offboard Survey' item but I think I am not using the correct syntax.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: How to use Flow to stop notifications once a condition has been met

@NCH-Ken :

Unfortunately, I don't see your screen shots - can you update your post?

Also, remember that you'll need to re-query the SharePoint list to see if the column you are checking has been updated.  In other words, you need to use a Get item action every time you want to check to see if the "PI Survey Complete" column is checked/true.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
NCH-Ken
Level: Powered On

Re: How to use Flow to stop notifications once a condition has been met

Thanks for your response, Scott.  I checked this post from another PC and browser I'm not logged into and the screenshots are showing up okay.  Hopefully, they are visible to everyone now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,505)