Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
icee8123
Level: Powered On

Http Action - Connect to Web API with Active Directory OAuth

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to call a custom web api hosted in azure that is also implementing an Azure AD OAuth authentication, so in the Http Action in the flow I configured the Authentication part of the action using Active Directory OAuth, but for some reason, I keep getting this error saying that the application name cannot be found in the tenant.

screen1.png

I'm a bit confused now with the tenant setup in the flow, is it the tenant guid id or just like the domain name? and in the audience field is it  the application name? I check my app registration in azure and I'm sure im using the tenant ids etc..

screen2.png

Has anyone tried this setup before? 🙂 

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
icee8123

Re: Http Action - Connect to Web API with Active Directory OAuth

If anyone is interested I figured it out after some trial and error in my part. Smiley Happy

What worked for me is the Audience and Client ID are the same value.  You can check this in your Azure Portal Application registration, this is the Application ID in the properties.

The Tenant field value is the domain, for example for us its: mytenant.onmicrosoft.com 

The HTTP action was able to call the web api and it generated authorization headers. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
icee8123

Re: Http Action - Connect to Web API with Active Directory OAuth

If anyone is interested I figured it out after some trial and error in my part. Smiley Happy

What worked for me is the Audience and Client ID are the same value.  You can check this in your Azure Portal Application registration, this is the Application ID in the properties.

The Tenant field value is the domain, for example for us its: mytenant.onmicrosoft.com 

The HTTP action was able to call the web api and it generated authorization headers. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,438)