cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kazssym
Level: Powered On

ISO 8601 date-time conversion with Excel Online (Business)?

I tried the new preview Excel Online (Business) connector in my Flow for adding a row with a date-time field to an Excel table. It did not convert ISO date-time strings to numbers as the classic Excel connector did. The values were from a 'Current time' action.

Is it a bug or an intentional change?

(I wrote this question first in the PowerApps Community by accident and this is a repost.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kazssym

Re: ISO 8601 date-time conversion with Excel Online (Business)?

I finally resolved this problem by converting data-time strings to Excel date numbers using "@div(sub(ticks(body('Current_time')), ticks('1900-01-01T00:00:00Z')), 86400e+7)".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ kazssym,

Would you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Would you please explain more about converting ISO date strings as the classic Excel connector did that you mentioned?

Would you please share a screenshot about the different results for the connectors?

I have made a test on my side to insert a row with "Excel" connector and "Excel Online (Business)" connector, and insert the row with a column fill in the Output of the  "Current time" action, the column would always insert with the time formate such as "2018-04-04T02:22:18.4718732Z", the result is no difference between "Excel" connector and "Excel Online (Business)" connector.

Please share more details or screenshots so we could try to help you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

kazssym

This is a minimal test case.

In the Excel table, the first row was inserted by the 'Excel' connector and the second was by the 'Excel Online (Business)' connector.  The A column's format is set to Date.

Screenshot-2018-4-4 フローの編集 Microsoft Flow.pngFlow with 'Excel' connectorScreenshot-2018-4-4 フローの編集 Microsoft Flow (2).pngFlow with 'Excel Online (Business)' connectorScreenshot-2018-4-4 flowtest xlsx.png

kazssym

I finally resolved this problem by converting data-time strings to Excel date numbers using "@div(sub(ticks(body('Current_time')), ticks('1900-01-01T00:00:00Z')), 86400e+7)".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 1,753 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: