Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: Insert into SQL table with active triggers implemented

Hi @SmartMeter 

You are right!  I should have clarified the context. I was catching up on this thread and the workarounds provided. The old thread was meant to refer to the workarounds which were not there then. Sometimes in a hurry to post the solution, we fail to explain things properly. Appreciate you pointing this out.

The problem is very real - and the most frustrating part is that there is no easy workaround.  The ones suggested earlier (Stored Procs, or remove the SQL Triggers) are very invasive in that it requires one to modify the SQL Server Database.  One of the main motivation for us to add support for the native SQL query execution was essentially to get around problems like this.  It does take a little bit of understanding basic SQL query though. 

And I actually did try this out before I responded.  The reason I didn't include the screenshot is because I don't see a lot of value. But this is how it looks like anyway:

image.png

HTH

Sameer

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Insert into SQL table with active triggers implemented

Thank you Sameer for taking my comment professionally as intended, and for posting a most helpful response for others who will encounter the issue in time. I respect your answer, and I feel for your side of the equation. This problem was a real time killer in my case, but knowing SQL intimately, it was pretty easy to dig my way out of trouble. A lot of users are not SQL savvy, and they need all the help our mothership is willing to provide here. As for the rest of us "users" please don't be rude to Microsoft, this is a known issue and they will eventually fix it, but realize it is making PowerAutomate essentially run code on your database so it's certainly a challenge on their side to provide a secured means to do this.  We are asking them to "grant execute on * to MyGatewayAccount" which is quite insane to secure when you think about it. Thanks again for accepting professional criticism. (Now go cure Coronavirus !)

Peace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,084)