Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cfu288
Level: Powered On

Intermittent 4xx Errors when connecting to a custom connector

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem where my flow fails aprox 1/10 times it is run when calling a Custom Connector, usually returing a 404 error but sometimes a 401. From run to run, there are no changes in paramaters, and re-running a flow that has failed will usually pass the second time.

For context, the Custom Connector is connecting to a Backend API, which is sitting behind API Managment. I have verified the issue is not with the Backend API (no error logs) or the Custom Connector (cannot replicate this issue when testing from the custom connector). It only seems to be happening from the flow.

Creating a brand new flow that connects to this custom connector does not solve this issue.

Run History

Flow Error

Any insight or help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jronash

Re: Intermittent 4xx Errors when connecting to a custom connector

Same!  I haven't had an error since 8/28/19.  I thought maybe it had to do with some changes that were implemented by the API I was connecting to, but since your errors stopped at the same time, it suggests that maybe Flow was able to fix something.

Since the errors were random, it's hard to be sure that it's resolved.  But it looks to me like it might be. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jronash

I'm experiencing something similar.  Custom connector that seems to fail randomly, even when running with the exact same data.  Mine always returns a 404 error.  I've been working with the company that manages the API, and they aren't seeing any errors, which suggests that it's a legit 404 error from an incorrect URL.

Haven't managed to figure anything out yet.

Currently I'm trying to find a way to see the exact URL that the custom connector called that triggered the error.  But you can't see the address that was called unless you are in the Testing area of the custom connector, and I haven't been able to replicate the error there.

Anyone know how to log or view the URL of API calls from custom connectors?

cfu288

While nothing has changed on my end, the issue has seemed to resolve itself. I can't seem to replicate the issue anymore and I'm not sure why. Hopefully others don't run into similar issues.

Jronash

Same!  I haven't had an error since 8/28/19.  I thought maybe it had to do with some changes that were implemented by the API I was connecting to, but since your errors stopped at the same time, it suggests that maybe Flow was able to fix something.

Since the errors were random, it's hard to be sure that it's resolved.  But it looks to me like it might be. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,729)