cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GR
Frequent Visitor

Internal Server Error - StatusCode 500

Dear all

I have set up an approval process via Flow which is set up as follows. The idea is that I get an email whenever a new item is added on a custom sharepoint list. Then I get the option to either "approve" or "reject" the item via the email function. Regardless my chosen option, the creator of the list item gets a notification via email. Everything worked fine so far but since today I get the following error message:

{ "statusCode": 500, "message": "Internal server error", "activityId": "28ebc2a8-e706-4047-9c22-5b51f52d02ab" }

Since my knowledge with coding etc is almost inexistent, I have no idea what may have caused the trouble...Unfortunately I did not find anything when googling this issue yet. Are you able to help me with this?

If you need additional info, please let me know and I shall provide you what you need.

Regards

G

14 REPLIES 14
Aaresl
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I had the same error today.

Hope they fix the problem soon.

A

Lee
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi Guys,

My flow has been working fine up to today too unfortunately.

when clicking either approve / reject from the email I get

{ "statusCode": 500, "message": "Internal server error", "activityId":

This error is displayed through Chrome but through IE it opens the 'view Downloads' info box and asks me if I want to save the file?

the file size is 5.40KB but does nothing if you do try to save it.

any one else with this issue?

cheers

Lee

Hi all,

I am just repeating what everyone else has said, I am also getting this error when I click on Approve in an Approval email.

{ "statusCode": 500, "message": "Internal server error", "activityId": "2899d927-9cd6-42e7-b4e2-2c1996da83b9" }

Fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.

Thanks,

James 

Aaresl
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Approval e-mail is working again!

At least for me it is.

A

Hi All, 

Apologizes for the issues you have encountered.

We have collected this issue, and got a response saying that Approval Email issue now should be fixed.

Please check it again and see if it works.

And if you have any futher issues, please post back.

Regards

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GR
Frequent Visitor

Hello

I can confirm that the process is working for us again!

Thanks for the update!

Best regards
G

Lee
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi All,

all working again our end too

thanks

Lee

JamesHowell
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Working for me too, thanks for the speedy response!

Thanks,

James

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same error today. 

It happened 1 month ago as well during at least 4 hours.

Hope they fix the problem soon (permanently).

dstrohecker

This problem is occurring again.  We had approvals working this morning (received 8 approvals) before users started reporting this issue.  When clicking the Approve button in the email sent from the flow.ms.com tool, it gives users a 500 error. 

{ "statusCode": 500, "message": "Internal server error", "activityId": "10d0c3cf-824f-4cf7-b691-6bf2479a966d" }

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same error here. I just created the flow, and kept thinking i did something. 

Seems to be working again today.  Hopefully a permanent fix will be implemented so this doesnt occur at the end/beginning of each month. 

Is this problem something with the Approval Servers? I'm getting the error since I started testing it for the first time (about a week ago)

InternalServerError. The request failed. Error code: '500'. Error Message: 'BadGateway'.

Is still ocurring? If the issue is ocurring in the customers, what can we do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,885)