cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to connect a SharePoint list which I am a member but not owner?

When I tried to connect a list which created by my peer, I got error message saying that "Error executing the api...". Since I don't have any issue to connect my own list, so I doubt it is because of the ownership. Is there a way to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @AchatesChen 

As long as you have the 'Read' permission on the list, you can read the items. If you have 'Contribute' access to the list, you can even modify the items. Make sure you have the right permissions as mentioned above, even the members can be configured with limited access, so try to check the permission of the members group assigned to that list.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello AchatesChen,

You will be able to retrieve using Get All Lists and libraries action. I have tried same by creating a list from UserB  and I am able to retrieve that list using UserA while UserA is only member of that list. If you can share more details about your flow and action step that would be great to troubleshoot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#get-all-lists-and-libraries

image.png

If this helps you , please mark this as resolved.

Super User
Super User

Hi @AchatesChen 

As long as you have the 'Read' permission on the list, you can read the items. If you have 'Contribute' access to the list, you can even modify the items. Make sure you have the right permissions as mentioned above, even the members can be configured with limited access, so try to check the permission of the members group assigned to that list.

-Sudharsan K...

-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for the later reply.

It seems to be a temporary system issue. I was able to connect suddenly after hours. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,869)