cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarterMusick

Issue getting related Dynamics records

I'm trying to get information out of an entity related to the one that triggers my flow. The related entity is called "Client" - and there is definitely a value. So I tried to chain a "Get record" step in order to get this related entity, and I put the "Client" dynamic field in the "Item Identifier" field for the Get record step.

However, when I run the flow, I can't access data out of the result of the Get Record step. I have the ability to add the dynamic content from that step, but no data is returned. When I look at a specific run, I can see that the output of the Get Record step has multiple records in the result, but there should only be one.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CarterMusick,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share a screenshot of the flow run history?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

In  our dynamics solution, we have 2 entities - client and enrollment period. Client and Enrollment Period have a 1:N realtionship (enrollment has a lookup field called "client"). We are using the "When a record is selected" step for dynamics on the enrollment period form. Based on the enrollment period, I want to get the email address field from the related client record. So I added a "Get record" step to get the client based on the lookup field. 

flow1.PNGflow2.PNG

I've added the 3 test fields you can see to the email. "Client" is the lookup field on the Enrollment Period entity that points to client, Email address is on the client entity, and Authorization Date Start is on the Enrollment Period entity. Both Client and Email Address do not have a value in the email, but Authorization Date Start does. 

Also, the output from the "Get record" step when I download it has multiple client records. I'm not going to do a screenshot there because of sensitive data, but you'll have to take my word for it.

Here is the Enrollment Period record that I ran against, showing a value in the Client lookup:

flow3.PNG

Here are the results of the run:

flow4.PNGflow5.PNGflow6.PNG

Does anyone have any ideas after the additional information provided?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (42,394)