cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Issue reading tables from Excel files stored in OneDrive

I'm trying to get a row from a table in an excel sheet stored in OneDrive, and Power Automate does not seem to be able to read it. I get an error "Could not retrieve values. Error executing the api... ". I've tried searching for the error message online, but no answers seem to match my issue. 

onedrive.PNG

There's no issue with reading workbooks stored in, say, shared documents folders in Teams, it seems to be confined to workbooks located in OneDrive.

group.PNG

In case it's offered as a suggestion, I'm pretty sure it's correctly configured as a table - on Excel Desktop, I can choose the table name from the Name Box, and the desired data gets selected, so I don't think that's the issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Issue reading tables from Excel files stored in OneDrive

Hey @murchu27 

A couple hours ago there was some on going issue with OneDrive. Can you try once now and check if you continue to face the same issue? (Maybe try clearing the cache and check this once)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @murchu27 

A couple hours ago there was some on going issue with OneDrive. Can you try once now and check if you continue to face the same issue? (Maybe try clearing the cache and check this once)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

I checked the request logs. The request to fetch all tables within the Excel document failed with following message from Graph API:

"Graph API is unable to acquire or refresh a lock on the file because it is already locked. Please close edit sessions and try again."

That means you might have the document opened for editing somewhere. It needs to be closed before another operation (like the one that failed) can read information from the document.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Seems to be working now alright! Not sure if it was to do with that OneDrive issue, or whether it was the fact that the workbook was open on my Desktop (like @JatinSanghvi mentioned), but at least it works. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,610)