Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
egnacadja
Level: Power Up

Issue with Outlook folder

Hi,

I tried the "Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library" flow. As Office 365 Business user, the connections where simple to setup.

But the flow always failed. Here's the error message:

{ "status": 404, "message": "Specified folder 'Inbox' does not exist.", "errors": [] }

Since I use Office in french, I tried putting the french equivalent of Inbox ('Boîte de réception'). This doesn't fix the problem:

{ "status": 404, "message": "Specified folder 'Bo%u00eete de r%u00e9ception' does not exist.", "errors": [] }

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

7 REPLIES 7
Flow Staff Sunay
Flow Staff

Re: Issue with Outlook folder

Hi @egnacadja

Our connectors are having trouble with folder names that have special characters. We are looking into this right now.

I will update the thread once we have a fix for this out.

scratch.PNG

Seperately - for te specific template you are trying - please make sure you set the include attachements and has attachments fields to true as shown.

MRCL
Level 8

It won`t recognize the word true either. My solution was to change language of Office365 to english. Definitley not ideal..

efialtes
Level 8

I use Office in spanish, after an unsuccessful attempt with'Inbox' I tried removing it and adding the spanish equivalent of Inbox ('Bandeja de Entrada'). For some reason, when saving changes, the flow included a \n after the last character, so I got a similar error. By editing again the flow, I managed to remove the New Line and now it works.

Hope this helps

Microsoft Employee

I have the same problem with Flow not finding "Inbox" in EN-US, so it is a deeper issue than special characters.

Flow Staff SameerCh
Flow Staff

Sorry that you are facing these issues with not finding the folder.  A much better solution would be for us to show a drop-down of available folders in your Office 365 mail account.  We will put that in a backlog.

Courtenay
Level: Powered On

Hi there,

I just wanted to update this thread.

It is now possible to do this within flow using Parserr. We have just joined the Flow community and wanted to thank everyone in the flow team for making this possible:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/services/shared_parserr/parserr/

Parserr allows you to turn incoming emails into useful data to use in various other 3rd party systems.You can use to extract anything trapped in email including email body contents and attachments.

Have a look here: https://parserr.com

emeneses
Level: Powered On

Hi, 

what happened with this point? Because now I created a flow that triggers when a new item appears in the SENT ITEMS folder and when I import it to another user the workflows fails cause the same error (404), no matter if users accounts are both english or in different languages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 184 members 4,834 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: