cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox

I too am having the same issue.  For me it started on April 17th. The flow has a trigger to watch new messages in a shared mailbox.  It manages to get the message and the contents.  If I used the Get Email (deprecated) or Get Email (v2) and use the Message ID, it fails with the same error as everyone else.  

This was working for almost 2 years.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I got the same issue using the graph sdk (c#) to access an email in a group mailbox.

graphClient.Users[userName].Messages[post.Id].Request().GetAsync()

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{user}/messages/{id}

I tested with Graph Explorer and got the same response.

This call used to work for more than a year.

Highlighted

We have this exact same issue, but from a Logic App connecting to a O365 Shared MailBox (trying to get an existing message).

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have to give this a bump. We are having the same issue in a Logic App that has been working for a few months and no changes have been made to it or outlook.

Also just to clarify: the Get Email (V2) action is reading a shared mailbox through a personal email connector if it has any significance to this. "Doesn't belong tocurrent mailbox" would suggest it having something to do with it.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Same here.

@ALL, please update this post when found the solution or the ticket is solved.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here! In combination with 'Get Attachment (V2)' action and a shared mailbox.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Big bump: for Production Flows this is a killing bug 😥

Please keep us updated on the Microsoft Ticket 🙏

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

Based on a reply from MS support, the Get Email V2 action isn't officially supposed to support accessing shared mailboxes, but the API has worked until now for some reason. The email can still be accessed through Export Email (V2) but that will get the raw email content with headers etc. so it would need to be parsed somehow and I can't see any easy way to do this.

The API can also be called directly with HTTP with Azure AD but that seems to have the same limitations as well. Outlook API documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/mail-api-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0

GET /users/{id | userPrincipalName}/messages/{id}              <- Get Email
GET /users/{id | userPrincipalName}/messages/{id}/$value       <- Export Email
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is a poor response from Microsoft TBH (If it's the official line)

This has been working for a long time and has just stopped working - officially supported or not (and it appears that the only action officially supported with shared mailboxes is "Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)" )

Come on Microsoft - this needs fixing.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Folks - I can confirm that "Export Email (V2)" does still work with a shared mailbox (you can access the components of the email in  a similar way to Get email (v2) in subsequent actions)

I know this doesn't help those of you that are not trying to extract attachments from shared mailboxes, but for those that are it may be a way forward. (Although this also may stop working as it's not officially supported) 🙄

Regards Jon

Still testing...……………………….. Will update when I have a full answer

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The same here! Please provide some solution

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing the same issue both in MS Flow and PowerApps!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

update:

I just copied the flow under new name and activated... for me it works again! 🙂

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can confirm this also works for me now. If copying the action to another flow/logic app is not an option, as in our case, changing the connector email seems to trigger a change also.

Otherwise maybe try renaming it or something, if possible. This just means you have to rewrite all actions depending on Get Email (V2)'s output. Changing the connector doesn't require that so it's the better alternative.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I opened a ticket with MS and after some searching on their part this is their reply:

"using actions like “Get Email” and “Delete Email” in Shared Mailboxes is currently not supported, per the documentation for this connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#shared-mailbox-support.  Only triggers and actions with Shared Mailbox in the name are supported.

This has been documented for some time but was working.  It seems last week a change was finally made [with Outlook] that broke this functionality.  As mentioned in that documentation, the suggested workaround is to use the “HTTP with Azure AD” connector and the Graph API to work with items in Shared Mailboxes."

I've not had the opportunity to look into any of this yet, but I wanted to give the update that MS gave to me.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

The same issue is also on Logic Apps - receive mails from Shared mailbox, and Get attahcments action failed to the same error as in Flows. "Clone" Logic Apps also did not help.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Copying the flow did not fix it for me. My flow is triggered by mail arriving into a shared mailbox. I mark the email as read and parse the attachment. Yesterday I removed the mark as read action as it comes before the parse, but then Get Attachment fails. 

I am trying to escalate through our MS rep. I'll keep everyone posted. I already had a ticket open in the Power Platform admin center. 

Update: 

I did finally get a reply (and it went to Quarantine, from MS - don't you love it?) but I'm not putting myself through the torture of MS support when the easy fix in this thread downstream worked so well. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, it started today and now all flows that worked for at least a year now don't anymore.

@MIS please help.

Regards

Eduardo

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We are in the same boat.   Logic app worked perfectly for years, now bust.   This is a big deal here.   I've opened a Sev A ticket and notified my Account Rep.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Actions without "with Shared Mailbox" will no longer connect to Shared Mailboxes

If you look at their updated documentation it now says If the action does not include "Shared Mailbox" in the title, then the action no longer supports accessing Shared Mailboxes. 

Per my Microsoft support response yesterday:

Unfortunately this has been documented for a while as not being a supported scenario. It appears that Outlook team has finally closed gaps in the APIs and had to make changes, despite the fact that it was working before.

Can you please check the below link-

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#shared-mailbox-support

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,123)