cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox

Hopefully my final edit... @PeteFromDenver alerted us that Microsoft has added a "Mailbox Address" field to Outlook actions. You can enter the address of the shared mailbox in this field to get back to original functionality. I'm keeping all previous solution details below just in case.

I've accepted the solution provided by @oliverbusk1 on page 3. As a note for future users running into this issue, this solution requires a premium account. This will not be the best solution for a number of users (myself included), but it's the Microsoft-supported fix and (hopefully) the least likely to fail in the future. 

For more information on the Graph API solution, check the posts by @jonathanford on pages 5 and 6. 

If you do not have a premium account, the solution on page 3 offered by @Mindaugas is your best bet. You will need to add a new connection to Flow for the shared mailbox and then select that account as the connection for your Flow step. @RHCC gives more details on page 4 - you will also most likely need to add a password to the shared mailbox which is not intuitive. 

This is by far the easiest solution, but I'm concerned how long it will work before Microsoft breaks functionality in an update. They do not support shared mailbox connections in Flows that don't specifically use that language, which is a frustrating response given how many users were relying on these Flows for their daily business. 

Original post below:

Hi all - I'm having an issue with a couple Flows that were previously working without error.

When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox runs in a separate Flow and creates a SharePoint list item. One of the attributes added is the id of the trigger email (MessageId from the triggerBody). 

I have two other Flows that will reply to this initial email using Reply to email. The stored MessageId is used to reply to the correct email. This has been working for 4+ months without error, but started failing today with the error shown in the Subject (Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox). 

Myself and one other user are not having this failure. I had a user who was experiencing the failure check their connections in Flow and all apps were still connected. I also had them check their access to the shared inbox in Outlook and they still had full access.  

Has anyone run into something similar or have any suggestions? It seems like it must be a user connection to the shared inbox but I'm not sure what else to look into. Thanks!

**Editing to note that the Get email step is also failing when referencing the ID of an email in a shared mailbox.

144 REPLIES 144
Highlighted

I tried "Mark email as Read" action with the new Mailbox address parameter, i provided the shared mailbox address for this parameter, it fails with "404 Resource not found" error.

Highlighted

Hello,

What about "Export email (V2)" action?
I still have an error: The requested user (shared mailbox address) is invalid:

1.JPG

Highlighted

Ive had some contact with support the past week and this week.  Today i was asked to remake a flow with the 'When a mail arrives in a shared mailbox (v2)' trigger -- and it worked.  it's been fixed. (you do have to remake your entire flow)   

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gjeh were you able to mark emails read as well?

I haven't tried marking emails as read as this wasn't what i personally was trying to do.

So i cant tell you that; i can tell you that there is still something wrong with the trigger regarding email attachments.

I've set the include attachments element to Yes; but a maximum of 2 attachments are passed through the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,468)