cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcarrington
Frequent Visitor

LUIS - Can't get pre-defined entity

I think the Integration with LUIS is grea, however when using the LUIS Get entity by type action I can select entities that I've created but not pre-built entities (in this case, datetime).

Has anyone come across this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Based on the way this connector is implemented, prebuilts will not work even if you explicitly enter them by name.  Adding support for prebuilts, as you are suggesting, is a great idea though.  We will be adding prebuilts to this connector in the next release.

Thank you,

Nick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rcarrington,

This should be the default behavior of the LUIS entity API:

LUIS Programatic API

Testing with the API above also could only get the entity created, not the pre-defined entities.

The documentation for the Pre-defined entities for LUIS is below:

Pre-built Entities

I will take a further investigation on this, to see if any information helpful could be found.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nickdurak
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi rcarrington,

Would you like the pre-build entities to be displayed in the dropdown for Get entity by type?

Thanks,

Nick

That would be great, nickdurak - there's quite a few built-in entities that would be useful in many situations. Being able to reference them in a Flow would save time having to create new entities from scratch and then referencing those ones - plus I'd assume the accuracy of pre-built entities would be better.

Is there any current way to specifically reference built-in entities you've added to an app?

I tried:

• datetime
  • builtin.datetime
  • builtin.datetime.date
  • datetime.date

Also, thanks v-micsh-msft for the references - will be good to know while I'm learning more about LUIS!

Based on the way this connector is implemented, prebuilts will not work even if you explicitly enter them by name.  Adding support for prebuilts, as you are suggesting, is a great idea though.  We will be adding prebuilts to this connector in the next release.

Thank you,

Nick

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (53,672)