Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Licensing - Premium connectors

Hello Community,

This is more to clarify what I believe before I commit our company to some licenses.

I have built some Flows triggered by events other than Power Apps using some Premium connectors. I currently have a Microsoft Power Apps Plan 2 Trial, which includes Flow P2 Viral which allows me to do this, but my trial expired (I renewed it) and I need something more permanent.

I keep seeing conflicting information on various documents (though I know there are changes coming next month) and need an explanation of the difference between these two Per User Plans, whether the cheaper one would impose any restrictions that I may need (I don't actually think so) and also if I need anything else in the way of upgraded Plans (I currently have E3). All Power App Flows run "standard" connectors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, the cheaper flow plan should be fine to cover those.  None of those sound like you are using any kind of UI flows.  So you don't need the one with RPA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

By "The cheaper one" I assume you mean the per user vs per user with RPA.  Other than the price the only difference between those two plans is that the per user with RPA includes the ability to run Attended UI flows.  The one without RPA can't do UI flows, but it can do any other kind of flows.

But more specifically you may not need either of these if you have a per user Power Apps plan.  The Power Apps plan includes licensing for flows in addition to licensing for Power apps as long as the flows are used to extend the functionality of the apps you are creating.  It doesn't just cover flows that are triggered by Power apps.  For example, lets say you have a list where you've created a Power App and you would like a flow to report on that list every so often as part of the overall solution.  Even though this uses a Recurrence trigger its really an extension of what you are building in Power Apps.  So its covered by the Power Apps license.  That's true for any data source, even premium ones.  So consider what the flows are that you are creating before you assume you need an additional Power Automate specific license.

Thanks @Pstork1 ,

Most of the flows run are either "When an item is created or modified" in SharePoint or by Cognito Forms submissions (which then run a Word Merge and PDF and email it back to the user).

The first one may or may not be triggered by Power Apps (a fair bit of SharePoint direct editing is done) and the second has some "fired" by Power Apps to populate fields (but I suspect any link is broken as it goes outside the MS Universe) and others off QR codes.

I do not have a Per-User plan presently and the Flow plan is cheaper anyway.

Am I correct in assuming the cheaper Flow plan will do the jobs above?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, the cheaper flow plan should be fine to cover those.  None of those sound like you are using any kind of UI flows.  So you don't need the one with RPA.

View solution in original post

Thanks @Pstork1 ,

Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,167)