cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinVasek
Level: Powered On

Lookup column doesn't show in dynamic options

Hello

I'm having trouble to use value from column that is Lookup type and takes value form another list. When Flow shows dynamic options with usable columns my Lookup column "Řešitelské oddělení" cannot be found.

Where could be problem please? 

Thank you

Martin V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinVasek

Re: Lookup column doesn't show in dynamic options

thank you for answer @v-bacao-msft

type of variable is String (that's "řetězec" in Czech Smiley Happy ). But most importantly your answer helped me to find reason why it doesn't show in Flow dynamic options.  

REASON WHY MY LOOKUP COLUMN IS NOT VISIBLE IN FLOW IS:

Flow doesn't shows column that are on different sharepoint site. In my case I have Lookup column with values from list on parent site. I use site column on parent site and then show that column in subsite list -> site column in not problem -> problem is that value is in another SP site. So I have to create list on parent site and then Flowon this list  will be able to work with Lookup column values.

_________

Like I said your answer helped me to look at type closely and over column type I figured out that parent site location could be problem.

Thank you again

Have a nice day

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MartinVasek,

I am afraid I don't know what language you are using, I want to know what type of variable you are initializing.

In the Value field of Initialize variable action, Dynamic content of the type mismatch is automatically filtered out.

It depends on the type of variable you initialized. Maybe the variable type you selected does not match the Dynamic content type of the Look column output, so it doesn't show in dynamic options

In addition, you may need to click on "See more" in the Dynamic content option list, and some Dynamic content may be hidden.

If you have to use this value, but Dynamic content can't choose, you could use the Compose action to store the value, then fill Compose-Output in Initialize variable-Value.

Note that if this value is not the type required by the variable, an error of type mismatch will occur.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MartinVasek

thank you for answer @v-bacao-msft

type of variable is String (that's "řetězec" in Czech Smiley Happy ). But most importantly your answer helped me to find reason why it doesn't show in Flow dynamic options.  

REASON WHY MY LOOKUP COLUMN IS NOT VISIBLE IN FLOW IS:

Flow doesn't shows column that are on different sharepoint site. In my case I have Lookup column with values from list on parent site. I use site column on parent site and then show that column in subsite list -> site column in not problem -> problem is that value is in another SP site. So I have to create list on parent site and then Flowon this list  will be able to work with Lookup column values.

_________

Like I said your answer helped me to look at type closely and over column type I figured out that parent site location could be problem.

Thank you again

Have a nice day

alahen
Level: Power Up

Hi there, I am having the same problem where I have a lookup column referencing a list in my parent site and I want to run a flow using this column which is on my document library on my subsite. Did you find a solution to address this issue to enable this column for use?

Highlighted
MartinVasek

Hello @alahen,

Like my Accepted solution says, I found partial solution. You need to create your list on the same site. I know it's inconvenient but it works. I believe that there is no other solution.

Have a nice day

MV

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 331 members 4,157 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: