cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

MS Flow uses my account info to sent Approval Emails, it should use another connector

All,

I have written a Flow to approve Risk assessments. Risks can be created using a form in a List which will be sent to approver by MS Flow. After approval, MS FLOW sent Email to person who raised risk.

When Approval request Email is sent to approver, it is sent using Microsoft Flow name, however when its approved by approval, the Email notification sent informing approval of Risk. It use my own account name. I expect it should use same as Microsoft Flow account or some other common account name. Please suggest a way ahead some detailed instructions?

Thanks in advance

Bhushan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: MS Flow uses my account info to sent Approval Emails, it should use another connector

Hi @mbhushan,

Thanks for feedback.

I am afraid that it is a default behavior of Microsoft Flow.

Send an email action will send out the email based on the account info of flow creator.

You may consider using the action Send an email from shared mailbox so that the email could be sent out from a shared email address.

I have made the following flow for your reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: MS Flow uses my account info to sent Approval Emails, it should use another connector

Hi @mbhushan,

Thanks for feedback.

I am afraid that it is a default behavior of Microsoft Flow.

Send an email action will send out the email based on the account info of flow creator.

You may consider using the action Send an email from shared mailbox so that the email could be sent out from a shared email address.

I have made the following flow for your reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you very much. It helped .. I guess there are many people looking for this solution, and using this app it is very easy.

Thank you 🙂

Bhushan

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbhushan,

Thanks for updating.

Glad to hear that it is helpful.

Please mark it as Answer if it works for you.

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

So its the default behaviour but does not make sense in a enterprise (generic process flow) deployment. Please change this info or suppress it. As this text appears at the very top of approval email, its easy for a flow aprover to believe that I (flow owner) is the requester.

Also eliminate the generic info at the bottom. This is also of now value in a enterprise deployment.

flow advertise.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,699)