cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Flow to copy SharePoint list Items - Missing Dynamic Content

I created a List from which I want to copy some items to another list. I used the "when an item is created" selected my site/list to trigger my Flow but when I go to "Get Items" the dynamic content does not populate. 😞 I tried it with other lists in the same site and it works for the other lists. What could be wrong? I researched and found that sometimes when there are "choice" columns that are marked as required the dynamic content does not show. I tried making it not required but it did not help. I also checked my connections and they are good. Any ideas what else could be happening? I am working on a deadline and have only one week left to build something for my company and keep hitting roadblocks so I appreciate any help/insights/suggestions/ideas... 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

From your description, what you mean is that when you want to populate the field of another list, there is no optional Dynamic content.

Or you want to populate Dynamic content in the Get items action, but it is not feasible. Can you provide more explanation?

If it's convenient, could you provide the configuration of the two SharePoint lists you want to operate on, such as the field type and so on?

Before that, you could consider the reasons for the issue from the following aspects.

1. Have you clicked "See more" in the upper right corner of Dynamic content?  This will allow you to see more of the optional Dynamic content for the fold.

2. Check that the field type of the field you want to populate is the same as the field type of the Dynamic content you want to fill. If it is inconsistent, Dynamic content will not be displayed.

3. Since you are copying the item to another list, you may use Apply_to_each. Maybe you could try to use items('Apply_to_each')?['conlumn'] to get the value of the column you want, then populate it in the field.

It would be helpful if you could post more details and we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! It appears as though @v-bacao-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,219)