cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schneider
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Flow unreliable

Hello guys! I love using Flow.

The past few weeks were very hard for me.

Many flows stops working, random disconnected connections, bad requests and so on.

What is going on with this service?

I just had to rebuild a couple of flows that broke down completely:

2.PNG

Now I'm getting this message, the flow simple broke down. Impossible to access online and on iOS app.

1.PNG

Is it happening to any of you?

Should I continue dreaming of using this service?

Thanks!

29 REPLIES 29
Microsoft Employee

Re: Microsoft Flow unreliable

I am having similar issues.

I've seen that screen several times the last few weeks.

I think it's happening when a Compose Action attempts to access a NULL value. (speculation on my part)

It's frustrating to have to recreate a flow everytime that happens, rather than being able to edit the flow and fix the problem.

I've started saving my compose strings in a text file to (1) have better visibility to ensure they are correct before adding to my flow and (2) to save the more complex functions if I have to recreate the flow.

Schneider

Hello.

I'm about to stop using Flow.

I have recreated two Flows last night (screenshot on first post) and when I woke up today, hundreds of flows had failed:

112.PNG

When I've tryed to update the flow, it became broke again!

12233.PNG

Please Microsoft, help me!

Thanks

jlocatell
Level 8

If Flow is not working why dont to give IFTTT an opportunity? Any functionality that it is lacking of?

your thoughts?

Schneider

@jlocatell wrote:

If Flow is not working why don't to give IFTTT an opportunity? Any functionality that it is lacking of?

your thoughts?

Hey there!

I love IFTTT, unfortunately doesn't connect to SharePoint (at least without code) and only supports one action, Flow can do many more IFS and variables.

Thanks!

Flow Staff masisley
Flow Staff

Hi Schneider,

I'm taking a look at what's going on here now. I'll report back once I know more.

Best,

Mark

Schneider

@masisley wrote:

Hi Schneider,

I'm taking a look at what's going on here now. I'll report back once I know more.

Best,

Mark

OK thank you. I've opened a support ticket with Microsoft a few hours ago but have not hear from them until now.

Flow Staff masisley
Flow Staff

Hi Schneider,

After further investigation, the "cannot read property 'api' of undefined" issue is caused by a bug that we're already actively tracking. We're currently working on a fix. I'll update the thread once we have a more formal ETA. Sorry for the inconvenience.

With regard to your failing flow, I suspect that it may have something to do with the URL that you're specifying for your sharepoint site. Typically, I don't think the root path doesn't works for accessing documents (Yours was https://muvrecursoshumanos.sharepoint.com). I think something like https://muvrecursoshumanos.sharepoint.com/teams/TeamName/SharedDocuments might work better. Did the flow ever run successfully? If not, you might try specifying a more specific folder to track for changes.

Let me know if that ends up working.

Best,

Mark

Flow Staff ashgupta
Flow Staff

@Schneider Sorry you are having this issue. We are trying to root cause this and need your help in getting additional informaiton.

Can you summarize the actions you took? for ex, after creating the flow, did you create additional sharepoint connection and/or change them from flow edit page?

In addition, did you flow worked after you saved and then started failing automatically?

Schneider

@masisley wrote:

Hi Schneider,

After further investigation, the "cannot read property 'api' of undefined" issue is caused by a bug that we're already actively tracking. We're currently working on a fix. I'll update the thread once we have a more formal ETA. Sorry for the inconvenience.

With regard to your failing flow, I suspect that it may have something to do with the URL that you're specifying for your sharepoint site. Typically, I don't think the root path doesn't works for accessing documents (Yours was https://muvrecursoshumanos.sharepoint.com). I think something like https://muvrecursoshumanos.sharepoint.com/teams/TeamName/SharedDocuments might work better. Did the flow ever run successfully? If not, you might try specifying a more specific folder to track for changes.

Let me know if that ends up working.

Best,

Mark

Hello Mark, thanks for your attention.

I'm using the main site collection, I don't think there is another URL for it. I can pick this site collection and choose the list/library on Flow.

Flows are stuck mainly on on created/modified trigger, get, create and delete items on SharePoint lists, with a BadRequest error code.

I've tried to reconnect my SPO accounts with no success. Also after doing so, when I try to open the Flow I get the error message (screenshot above) "Error: Cannot read property 'api' of undefined". This is very frustrating because I had to remake important flows many times, really cumbersome.

I'm checking my Flows runs and integrity every 15 minutes and still receiving some errors.

Thank you.

Schneider

@ashgupta wrote:

@Schneider Sorry you are having this issue. We are trying to root cause this and need your help in getting additional informaiton.

Can you summarize the actions you took? for ex, after creating the flow, did you create additional sharepoint connection and/or change them from flow edit page?

In addition, did you flow worked after you saved and then started failing automatically?

Thank you @ashgupta.

I had a few Flows working just fine. A couple of days ago, all flows started going crazy. Since I was getting a BadRequest when trying to access SPO lists, Ive tried to create a new connection on SPO and then remove the old ones. After doing it, all flows were broken. Impossible to edit on web and iOS app ("Error: Cannot read property 'api' of undefined"). It should ask for me to reset my connections with a "!" on the side of the action step.

Even after deleting the flow and recreating from scratch, flows are failing randomly with bad request on different steps ( get, create, delete items and so on).

Thanks for your help.

Flow Staff ashgupta
Flow Staff

@Schneider Thanks for the additional information. Yes, the ideal experience should be that it let you pick the connection that may be broken. We are looking at how to address. But in the mean time, we also want to avoid flows getting into this state where the internal state is incorrect.

Can you provide some additional information -

1. Where did you create the new share point connection? Was it from the designer or from connections page (list)?

2. After creating the connection, when you open the flow to select the  new connection, I am assuming you saw "!" mark and then you selected the new connection. Did you select it from "..." menu?

Thanks,

Schneider

@ashgupta wrote:

@Schneider Thanks for the additional information. Yes, the ideal experience should be that it let you pick the connection that may be broken. We are looking at how to address. But in the mean time, we also want to avoid flows getting into this state where the internal state is incorrect.

Can you provide some additional information -

1. Where did you create the new share point connection? Was it from the designer or from connections page (list)?

2. After creating the connection, when you open the flow to select the  new connection, I am assuming you saw "!" mark and then you selected the new connection. Did you select it from "..." menu?

Thanks,

No problem:

1. I did from connections page.

2. I was unable to open the flow, it broke completely with message: Error: Cannot read property 'api' of undefined. There is no way to edit.

Thanks.

Flow Staff ashgupta
Flow Staff

Are you saying that you were not able to open the flow after you deleted the connection from connections page? This is what you mentioned in previous reply -

"Ive tried to create a new connection on SPO and then remove the old ones."

After performing the above steps, were you able to open the flow at all? I would have suspected that you opened the flow, select the new connection and since then, you were not able to open the flow.

Can you confirm? Thanks again for working with us on this issue.

Schneider

@ashgupta wrote:

Are you saying that you were not able to open the flow after you deleted the connection from connections page? This is what you mentioned in previous reply -

"Ive tried to create a new connection on SPO and then remove the old ones."

After performing the above steps, were you able to open the flow at all? I would have suspected that you opened the flow, select the new connection and since then, you were not able to open the flow.

Can you confirm? Thanks again for working with us on this issue.

I'm sorry, english is not my first language.

The sequence is: Flow error (notification), open flow, found BadRequest on one of the steps (SPO), go to connections page list, create a new one (SPO), remove old ones (SPO), try to open same Flow and got error Cannot read property 'api' of undefined (impossible to open flow again, screenshot above).

Schneider

@ashgupta, if you want I can replicate the errors via remote desktop connection (temviewer). No one from support has contacted me since opening the case (12 hours ago).

Flow Staff ashgupta
Flow Staff

@Schneider wrote:

@ashgupta, if you want I can replicate the errors via remote desktop connection (temviewer). No one from support has contacted me since opening the case (12 hours ago).

@Schneider I just got your support case information, reaching out on email. thanks 

mporreca

AMEN to that!

I have two simple email flows which are to send emails to the IT Team when something is added to a SharePoint Library. I created them back in the Fall. They were working beautifully for many months and then in December they stopped emailing with the error Account Not Found. All accounts were accounted for so this error made no sense. I opened a support ticket with Microsoft and suddenly my email flows started working again. Microsoft eventually attributed that the issue was due to intermittent failure from the Office365 service and they said they would continue to monitor it.

My flows worked for another few weeks and then stopped again with the same error. I contacted Microsoft again and they determined it to be intermittent issues with the office 365 discovery services. Then a few days later my email flows started working again.

My email flows have failed numerous times since that last contact with Microsoft and mysteriously work again after a few days.

As of this writing my email flows failed again this morning Smiley Sad

Microsoft Employee

Hi mporreca,

Can you provide the urls while you are on your flows' editor page and on a failing flow run page? They should looks something like this: https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-72f988bf-86f1-41af-91ab-2d7cd011db47/flows/75..., and https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-72f988bf-86f1-41af-91ab-2d7cd011db47/flows/75....

I've attached screenshots of the pages to copy the urls on for clarity.

Flow editor page:

Capture.PNG

Flow run page:

Capture2.PNG

Best,

Mick

mporreca

How would you get to the urls since you don't have access to them?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 5,387 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: