cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken43708

More Project Online objects

I'm interested in creating several flows to reflect actions taken or status based on the passage of time (e.g., tasks approaching a deadline) in Project Online. How do we go about connecting to additional fields in the Project Online data model (including custom fields)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: More Project Online objects

Hi,

Here are some templates on projet online.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/search/?q=project+online. You can start with these.

You can also create a flow from scratch using "Project online".

Here is a snapshot of project online supported triggers and actions. I can add further more detail if you can describe the scenario you are trying to achieve. 

Project online.PNG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
chadmiller Advocate I
Advocate I

Ken, you say more objects...so you have gotten some flows working with project online events or data?  Do you know of documentation or any blogs on this topic?

Ken43708

Hi Chad -

There are two Project Online templates here that I've used. They're a good starting point but I'd love some additional capabilities.

Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,

Here are some templates on projet online.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/search/?q=project+online. You can start with these.

You can also create a flow from scratch using "Project online".

Here is a snapshot of project online supported triggers and actions. I can add further more detail if you can describe the scenario you are trying to achieve. 

Project online.PNG

View solution in original post

chadmiller Advocate I
Advocate I

good deal. thanks
chadmiller Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Ken
Ken43708

Thanks, Lalit. I'm interested in looking at project schedules when they are published and checked-in and checking, for example, if there are tasks without predecessors or that haven't a Baseline0 value, and then sending an email. Can that type of thing be done?

villev

Hello, I have same requirements as Ken43708.

I would need to use Project Custom Fields and Task completion etc in Flows.

This is _not_ possible with the templates and actions provided today (or in the answe that is marked as a solution).

Can you please take this in the backlog?

Andy_PF

Good Day All,

I think being able to get at Enterprise Custom Fields in PWA would be a powerful option, also being able to create a flow that will sync SharePoint lists with EFC lookup fields would also be incredible useful.

Some idea on roadmap for Flow and Project Online capability would be nice. Opportunity to advance Flow and Project Online to an incredibly powerful partnership.

Regards

Andy.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Also to bring over tasks assignments and resource information from Project Online to Planner. Does this change with the project service and the CDS platform?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,858)