cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natrob
Helper I
Helper I

Need help with "Create File" or Gateway Connection

Hi y'all, I've got this standard flow which works all the way up to "Create File" and throws the highlighted error:

natrob_3-1611983238641.png

There is a gateway involved since data is being transferred to the local drive. In establishing the gateway, I input the root folder as "C:/Test/". For the username box I used my computer's name as seen in the picture below, along with the username to the Microsoft account that manages Power Automate, for example, "Bob Smith" to result in: LAPTOP-4F0JKFM\Bob Smith. In the password input I used the password of the same Microsoft account. 

natrob_2-1611981134284.png

These are the "Create File" inputs:

natrob_1-1611981031005.png

I've looked at Microsoft's documentation, various videos and tutorials, and none gave a clear description of where username and password inputs came from for establishing gateway, nor how root folder in gateway and folder path in "Create File" relate. I've also tried plugging and chugging different combinations of inputs, but made no ground. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
mobashee
Community Support
Community Support

Dear Partner,

When you create a action "Create file" it will ask you to create a connection and there you should specify the file path and your laptop credentials (domain/username) & password.

I tried the same and worked for me.

mobashee_0-1612118266927.png

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.

Regards,

Mohamed Sanuj Basheer

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,941)