cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AK42
Frequent Visitor

New SQL connection not available in Get rows (V2) action

I use an on-prem SQL server. I have registered a gateway and then created a new connection to use the gateway with SQL authentication. But when creating a flow, if I add a "Get rows (V2)" action, under server name drop down, the new connection cannot be selected. If I create a new flow from a template and create a SQL connection that way (which gives you Windows authentication or basic authentication so I picked basic), then the connection can be selected in Get rows (V2). Is this a normal behavior? How come there are different authentication options between the 2 ways to create a SQL connection? What is the proper way to do this?

Apologize for a basic question.

Thank you very much in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New SQL connection not available in Get rows (V2) action

Hi @AK42, Could you please share more details about the issue? This isn't a normal behavior. Have you choose the same connection for the server when you add "Get rows (V2)" directly and create a new flow from template? Best regards, Alice Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AK42
Frequent Visitor

I have registered the data gateway for the on-prem SQL server in my O365 account so it was showing up under Data > Gateways.

I then started creating a new flow (scheduled - from blank). I added a "Get rows (V2)" step but the server name drop down didn't show my new gateway. I realized that I need to configure a new SQL connection so I went to Data > Connections > New connection and selected "SQL Server". It provides 3 authentication types (Azure, SQL, Windows) so I selected SQL and entered the SQL login name and password. The new connection was added to the list and it said "Connected". I went back to "Get rows (V2)" but the server name drop down didn't show the new connection so I couldn't create a new flow to use the SQL server. 

I then went to New > "Create from template" and selected the template "Notify about rows in a SQL DB". The template says "This flow will connect to" and lists connectors. I clicked "Create" next to SQL server, checked "Connect via on-premises data gateway" and added all the information. Unlike the case when creating a new SQL connection from scratch, this method within a template provides Windows or Basic authentication types only. I selected basic and created the connection. I cancelled the creation of the flow since the connection was already created and saved. At this point, I was able to select the connection from "Get rows (V2)" step and proceed with the creation of the flow.

AK42
Frequent Visitor

I don't know how the status changed to "solved" but I'm still looking for an answer. Can I reverse the "solved" status?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Did you attend MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’ve streamed the digital event live, or you're watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,056)