cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Notification Of An Assigned Task List in Sharepoint (using flow)

I am trying to create a simple flow notification.  When anyone creates a new TASK in a sharepoint task list, I would like Flow to send an email to that person notifying them of a new task.

I have not found a template that does this (amazingly enough) and I tried to do it through the Action "when a new Item is created" and referenced that task list.

The dynamic fields available show assigned to email, assigned to department etc.  but all of those fields return back empty values.

Other task fields have data like begin and end date.  

I am at wits end, how can I simply create a flow to notify people they have active taskers?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

May I know how did you create this task list in SharePoint? Is it just a custom list or a "Tasks" list? Since if it is a Tasks list, then flow should not support this kind of app so far in SharePoint. I just created one Tasks list and it won't even show in the SharePoint list name pick list.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if you are using the general list.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed using the general list.  You are correct, the list willl not show up in the pick box for resources.  

What I did was just type in the name of the task list that I needed to work off of and it seems to be working very well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar problem in creating a workflow on task list that notifies the supervisor when someones task is overdue. It will allow me to put the dynamic content for "assigned to DisplayName" in the email template but when the email sends it is like there is nothing in that column.

This might help with your issue: 

I do know that there is a built in feature that notifies someone when a task has been assigned to them. Once you are in your task list, Go to List settings. Under General Settings choose Advance settings. Then select yes to "Send e-mail when ownership is assigned?" 

SPemailnote.PNG

I am trying to use flow to create a calendar event when a task list item is created.  Although Flow's dynamic content correctly comes back with "Created by" user info, the "Assigned to" info is blank.

Is there a reason that Task Lists are excluded from visibility in Flow?  When can we anticipate their integration?

Hi @mparowski,

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,389)