cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

ODATA Filters - are these implemented yet?

Is ODATA Filtering implemented yet? I see posts from June saying that it's not, and a post from August from a person who was able to use ODATA Filters.

However, it is not clear to me HOW to use the filters. I've been playing around with them and the syntax needed in the context of Flows is not clear.

My flow: https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/c178b321-c618-4e1f-a680-65d443f2bf96

The results from Get Rows from a Google Sheet:

Body

{
    "value": [
       { "@odata.etag": "", "ItemInternalId": "ftH9OB_-Kt4", "First Name": "Jim", "Last Name": "Rickles", "Company": "Real Doctor", "Email": "fake@doctor.org", "__PowerAppsId__": "ftH9OB_-Kt4" },
       { "@odata.etag": "", "ItemInternalId": "r0hcEcMZoGM", "First Name": "", "Last Name": "fcsda", "Company": "don't take me", "Email": "", "__PowerAppsId__": "r0hcEcMZoGM" }
    ]
}

The filter I've applied should be filtering out the "don't take me" value:
Filter Query
length(Company) gt 0 and length(Email) gt 0 and length(First Name) gt 0 and length(Last Name) gt 0

It's not clear if I need to add quotation marks around the value variables, e.g. length("First Name"). Do I need to add "filter=" to the beginning of the field? Do I need to add value() or value. to prepend the column variables or brackets around the variable name, e.g. length(value()[First Name])? What is the correct format for accessing a variable?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate Staff SameerCh
Power Automate Staff

Re: ODATA Filters - are these implemented yet?

ODATA filters are not implemented yet by all connectors.  Certain connectors -- like Salesforce, SQL, CRM do support it.  But, others, like Excel, GoogleSheets, do not support it.  Even then, the set of filters supported differ from one connector to another due to differences in underlyig API capabilities.

We hope we can provide a consistent filtering capability.  I would suggest you put in an idea in the Flow Ideas.

For ODATA semantics you can look up the docs at odata.org.  And you shouldnt be providing the query parameter name($filter), just the expression.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Power Automate Staff SameerCh
Power Automate Staff

ODATA filters are not implemented yet by all connectors.  Certain connectors -- like Salesforce, SQL, CRM do support it.  But, others, like Excel, GoogleSheets, do not support it.  Even then, the set of filters supported differ from one connector to another due to differences in underlyig API capabilities.

We hope we can provide a consistent filtering capability.  I would suggest you put in an idea in the Flow Ideas.

For ODATA semantics you can look up the docs at odata.org.  And you shouldnt be providing the query parameter name($filter), just the expression.

View solution in original post

Microsoft Employee

Thank you for the prompt response. 

Would it be possible to remove, disable or hide fields and features that are not implemented?

If non-implemented fields were grayed out and users could not interact with them, then users could see what future features are coming without productivity being lost on trying out features that do nothing.

I will submit this as a "feature" request as well.

wolfemanCT
Level: Powered On

Have these been implemented yet for Sharepoint list connections (Sharepoint Get Item)? 

Highlighted
CraigD
Level: Powered On

Noting comments above about the triggers that do have ODATA filters implemented, there seems to be an issue with the Salesforce connector. Filter expressions seem to work in some situations and not others (haven't quite determined the scenarios as yet).

If I take an example of "When a record is created" trigger, putting a filter into the advanced parameters to limit the number of times the workflow is triggered does not seem to work.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,227)