cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Occasional error: "Graph API is unable to open the workbook."

Most of the time my flow works fine, but occasionally it fails with the error "Graph API is unable to open the workbook." This is when the flow is attempting to pull data from an Excel file location on SharePoint. If I resubmit the flow, it works fine the second time.

We want to open this flow to many more users and I am concerned that this will become a problem.

Is there something about the file permissions I need to modify? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @debit 

Maybe because of the checkout functionality, its throwing issue for most of the time.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Greetings, I have this same problem, do you have any solution?

Highlighted

I too am having this issue - the same error appears when using the "Add a row into a table".

The frustrating part, it has worked fine, but now it cannot retrieve the value of the table when trying to "write" to the workbook.

I have tried

• Double checking the permissions on the account the flow is one, and the destination file
  • Completely re-creating the flow from scratch
  • re-connecting the service (Excel business).

Oddly, this issue has occurred on some accounts and not others... however the license types etc. are identical.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have just been working on this issue, what fixed it for me was to completely delete the connector, Data (on the left) -> Connections -> three dots next to the excel online connector and delete. It warns of the flows that are using it, make a note and delete the connector.

Now open a flow that was using it and go to the action with the issue. Click the three dots in the top right and instead of clicking on fix connection, create a new one. Sign in as normal. Then test again.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (10,050)