cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

On-premise SQL Server - New iteam created trigger - not working when the owner does not log in

Hi All,

We have a flow, triggered by SQL data (new item created) to send an email notification, that works perfectly when the flow owner is logged in, however does not get triggered when the user logs off. The business requires the flow to work 24/7 though. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, does creating a service account work? I have never used a service account before so I would not know if that would keep the flow running even when the user logs off.

Thank you

Layla

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: On-premise SQL Server - New iteam created trigger - not working when the owner does not log in

Hi @laylaqtran ,

As far as I know, Power Automate is a cloud service, and its operation has nothing to do with whether the user logs in to the account. As long as the connection is created, Flow will run according to the configuration. Please check whether other problems cause Flow to fail to be triggered normally.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: On-premise SQL Server - New iteam created trigger - not working when the owner does not log in

Hello Team,

The way in which Flow works is it really does not matter if you are logged in or not.

If the flow doesn't run when your user is logged off then definitely this is an issue with the connection. 

Can you please share some screenshots of the flow that has been created, are you using a Cloud SQL service or a gateway to connect to On premise sql ?

These questions can help us recognize the issue.

Awaiting response...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi

We use the on-premise data gateway to connect to an on-premise SQL database. Does it mean that it could be because when I logged off my own login to SQL data is not active and therefore does not trigger the flow?

Cheers

Layla

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @laylaqtran ,

As @yashkamdar mentioned, as long as the connection status in Flow is connected, then whether or not the owner is logged in will not affect the operation of Flow.

Please check the status of the gateway and the status of the connection.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,799)