cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
larryolson
Level: Power Up

One per week look at a specific onenote page and update a meeting invite (or cancel it)

I have a more complicated OneNote flow I was trying to figure out how to do but couldn't see an obvious way.

I have a OneNote notebook that stores meeting notes in specific section for a working group. The pattern is each week, multiple people from across the team make a new page with the date of the upcoming weekly team sync and add agenda items to it. Then, a few days before, I pull that agenda, and update the weekly invite with it. We have the meeting and write the meeting minutes into that same page which was originally the agenda. I'd love to automate that manual meeting update. The flow would be something like:

SCHEDULED ONCE PER WEEK ON Thursday ->

GET NEXT INSTANCE of Office 365 calendar event  event.id  GET DATE as Foo ->

READ Contents of ONE NOTE NOTEBOOK Section.id ,  WITH DATE Foo ->

UPDATE NEXT INSTANCE of Office 365 calendar event event ID WITH Contents from OneNOte notebook

I would even be happy for a simpler flow of: one per week see if a new notebook page exists matching date of upcoming meeting. If not, cancel.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: One per week look at a specific onenote page and update a meeting invite (or cancel it)

Hi Larryolson,

I am trying to create a flow according to your scenario, but I found that I am not able to read contents of OneNote, as currently there are only two available actions “Create a page in Quick Notes” and “Create page in a section”.

Per my certain knowledge, once we can read contents of OneNote, we are able to use a Condition to check if an existing OneNote page matches date of upcoming event.

I haven’t seen a related idea on Flow Ideas Forum, please consider to create a request about “Read contents of OneNote” at here. I will also collect and report it from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,784)