cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive for Business - Get file content by path problem

I have created a Microsoft Flow, which is triggered by PowerApps and gets the file content of a file stored in the administrator's OneDrive account. When the PowerApp is used by the administrator, this action works fine. However, when a different user (let's say Roger) tries to get the file content from the administrator's OneDrive (which he has access to), an error is thrown that the file doesn't exist.

The Microsoft Flow is shared with Roger, the OneDrive is shared too. Is it possible to get the file-content from the administrator's OneDrive? Or execute a Flow on behalf of someone else

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Knipsel.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: OneDrive for Business - Get file content by path problem

Hi @ToineLambalk 

I suspect the adminsitrator would need to have a logged in connection to the Flow in order to access his OneDrive

Would you be able to use a SharePoint Document library instead of OneDrive to store the content as it is easier to give group permissions to the library than it is with OneDrive.

Multiple people can easily access the conent within SharePoint.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,629)