I am using OneNote connector (Create page in a section ) to create a page in a particular section. But there are multiple issues.
1. It list stale list of of files under Notebook key
2. When I select a notebook, it fails to list notebook sections in some cases, even though i have right permission on those sharepoint files and can manually open and edit them.
3. using custom value for any field fails
How do i force this connector to refresh the list it loads? Is there a cache somehwere i can clear to make it load latest?
Thanks for your help.
Attaching a picture here to show what i am talking about.
1. The list thats loads for notebook keys is stale and does not list all files or list files that have been deleted. Whats a way to force it to refresh the list?
2. List shows multiple files of the same name and hard to tell which ones are which becuase it doe snot show location
3. Even though i am an admin the sharepoint, i still dont see the notebook section list when i select certain notebooks. it errors otu.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks for feedback.
From the error message, it seems that the Notebook you’ve selected is inaccessible. Please make sure you do have been given with proper permission.
By the way, it is not possible to refresh the list and there is no cache to clear to load latest. If you need this feature, please feel free to submit your request at Flow Ideas Forum:
I do have full permission on all the files i am trying to access, in fact i have owner permission on the sharepoint site, ( and also added edit/owner permission indivudually on the files as well). But i am still not able to access data from some of these files. Also, as i mentioned, the list seems to be showing stale data (there are files that are deleted) and some of the notebook files that are missing, which is why i requested to see if there is any way to refresh this. If there is no cache, i assume the list should be fresh everytime, but that does not seem to be the case here.
Thanks for your help on this.
Thanks for updating.
The issue of stale data could be reproduced by me. It seems that the Notebooks that are deleted from the site could be still selected on flow. I will help report it and back to you later.
About the error message “Could not retrieve values”, please check make sure the notebooks or sections do exist and you have proper access to them.
Regarding error message while accessing section information:
I am sharing an image which shows the details of what i am talking about. I do have edit access to the file i am trying to read from , but i still am not able to access the section information from the OneNote data connector.
Appreciate your help.
Is there any update on this "list refresh" for picking the notebook key. I am blocked becuase of this since i can not pick the file i want since its does not even show up on the list.
Looks like the bug is not just in Flow connector, but actually on OneNote itself. Becuase the stale list showing up when i use the connector is the same list that shows up when i login at https://www.onenote.com. Can you please let me know if there is a solution or workaround for this?
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.