Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToniMoreno
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Automate: Sharepoint missing fields on get list item

Hello.

I have a flow, triggered by PowerApps, that gets a sharepoint list item to obtain some values in order to complete the flow.

This flow has been working with no problem for some time (several weeks) but suddenly started to fail.

Looking at the run info I realized that one of the needed fields was not arriving to the flow making one step fail.

Curiously, after looking deeper on what the flow got from Sharepoint I saw that the json read contained the missing field so it seems that it's not reading properly the Sharepoint list fields structure.

After looking at what some other people has written similarly to my problem I think that the origin of the problem is that the Sharepoint list contains 94 fields (yes, I know there are a lot).

Ok, following someone's advice I created a view for my list containing only the fields that I need for the flow and the result is that not only my field is still missing but I'm also getting some fields that are not in the view.

Of course, I tried the usual tricks like removing and recreating connections in the flow, export and import, creating the flow from scratch,... with no result.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Best regards

1 REPLY 1
JPMHuls
Helper II
Helper II

Just wondering whether or not the missing field either got renamed or deleted and recreated? As for the extra fields in the view: mandatory fields and (if I'm not mistaken) list lookup fields always are included, at least in the SharePoint Update actions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,407)