cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Power Automate permissions needed for o365 connectors

Good day! New to Flow, wondering if someone could assist with a question. 

I was wondering what permissions level are needed for connectors to Office 365?

Here's my setup, I'm part of large org with many offices.  Our local office uses Google suite/apps primarily, while most of the other offices use Office 365 for email and other uses.  

The head office IT team controls the Office 365 accounts, and so I have limited access. I'm able to use Flow to sync the calendars between Google and Office 365 for a test domain I made.  It nots likely I'd be able to have a full administration rights account on 0365, so was wondering if there was a specific more granular level of permission that was required to make this work.   If for example I manually shared other users' Office365 accounts calendar with my Flow account, to facilite the calendar syncing, would that work, or does use of flow pretty much require a full admin account on 0365 in order to use effectively?

I did a bit of searching in the forum and found this https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Flow-Permissions-needed-to-get-user-profi...   , wondering if that is applicable (the are using sharepoint, I'm not) . 

Thanks

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power Automate permissions needed for o365 connectors

Hi @kevin34356,

The permissions level are needed for connectors to Office 365 is related to the license of Power Automate. The following Office 365 licenses that include PowerApps and Flow capabilities:

Office 365 Business Essentials Office 365 A5 for Students
Office 365 Business Premium Office 365 Education E3 for Faculty
Office 365 A1 for Faculty Office 365 Education E3 for Students
Office 365 A1 for Students Office 365 Education for Homeschool for Faculty
Office 365 A1 Plus for Faculty Office 365 Education for Homeschool for Students
Office 365 A1 Plus for Students Office 365 Enterprise E1
Office 365 A3 for Faculty Office 365 Enterprise E2
Office 365 A3 for Students Office 365 Enterprise E3
Office 365 A3 for Student Use Benefit Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer
Office 365 A5 for Student Use Benefit Office 365 Enterprise E3 without ProPlus
Office 365 A5 Office 365 Enterprise E5
Office 365 A5 for Faculty Office 365 Enterprise F1

If you want to get the other users' Office365 accounts calendar with your Flow account, you can follow this method, create a Recurrence trigger, runs every hour, then create some branches of When a new event is created(V3) trigger with different connections:

Annotation 2019-11-18 135228.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,264)