Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI connector, data set empty

Hi, 

I'm trying to build Flow by using Power BI Connector. There is one feature called : Add row to dataset.

After choose it, and sign in (with the correct and same user account), obviously it is asking me Power BI Workspace. The selection are already correct as my current existing Workspace in Power BI.com, but strangely, the data set is empty.

Voltes_2-1596905750347.png

I do have data set, as I already have report over there. I wondering why there is no selection in Flow ? And if I type manually, it will not recognise.

Voltes_3-1596905837176.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Power BI connector, data set empty

ohh @Voltes  well, you can't not add rows to a data set like sql server or other data source, the action add row to data ser is just to add data to a streming data set, as real time data set.

See the next example friend

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/push-rows-to-a-power-bi-streaming-dataset-without-writing-a...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Voltes  what type of data set do you have? I mean it's an sql, is sharepoint?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Christian,

The dataset is created from Power BI Desktop, and it has 2 sources, one is Azure SQL as it is from Dynamics 365 F&O and the other one is Excel from Onedrive.

But I did try again by creating some table in CDS, add this new data source to my report, still when I connected again in Flow, the Data set selection is empty. I tried many time to delete the action and add but to no avail.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

ohh @Voltes  well, you can't not add rows to a data set like sql server or other data source, the action add row to data ser is just to add data to a streming data set, as real time data set.

See the next example friend

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/push-rows-to-a-power-bi-streaming-dataset-without-writing-a...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (4,189)