cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Problem with On-Prem Data Gateway and Power Automate

I have been struggling with this for a week now.

We use Flow/Power Automate and want a Data gateway. We do not (formally) use Power BI.

We have installed an On-Prem Data Gateway on a server with no issue, and I can see it in the powerplatform portal:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/ext/DataGateways

I am an admin of this gateway and it is created in UK South region. It v3000.45.7 if that is important. It is enabled.

When I "manage users" I can see and set various profiles: Admin, Can-use + Share, Can-use.

(Minor question: is an admin "just an admin" or does admin also have all "Can-use+Share" privs. The fact that selecting a user and allocating a Can-use profile then lists optional connector that can be enabled/disabled, makes me think that "admin" is "not a user")

Now when I go to flow portal, for my account, and select Data > Gateways - I get the message "You don't have a gateway installed".

I have no idea why not or what to do!?

I am assuming that my Power Automate tenancy is also UK South, but do not know how to confirm that. I thought if I went to "Environments" in the PowerPlatform Admin portal I could find out, but that says "No environments were found". 

Perhaps that is the problem...?

Anyway I am stuck, so any advice would be most welcome.

(I hope this is the right forum for this topic.)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Problem with On-Prem Data Gateway and Power Automate

Check this link to get more details about On-prem data gateway:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/gateway-reference

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Problem with On-Prem Data Gateway and Power Automate

Many thanks @ppp345678 but this doesn't actually answer any of my questions...

We've seen this piece of documentation and used it. We have a data gateway installed (apparently successfully), we've added admins and users. 

The issue as explained is that we cannot see the Data Gateway in our Flow/Power Automate environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,704)